oneBoro Forum

Boro V Millwall (A) 1-2 (Downing)

Sorry for the delay folks, the author advised me that he was unable to complete and so I had to put something up quickly!

Match  Millwall V Middlesbrough

Venue The New Den

Date   16th December 2017 Kick off 1500hrs

We were all so very pleased with our improved performance against another blue team from Ipswich and now we hope that we can now beat another team in blue away from our gaff!

Good record against Millwall, well what do you expect when you are caged in when visiting The Lions!

Millwall draw a lot of games and we either win or lose so odds on for a draw perhaps?

Your team preference?

Can we tame The Lions?

Will this be a record breaking match thread post wise?

Will try and add something a bit later on but over to you..........RRRRRRRRROOOOOOAAAARRR

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to build on saturdays performance and take another 3 points against Millwall. They've come up against a lot of the 'bigger' clubs and have a good record against them. If we play to our strengths and avoid the going behind early I think we'll win it 2-0.

For anyone who watches online, is the game available to purchase?

Must win game. No excuses. Have to build on the decent last performance.

Gah! My most hated phrase strikes again!

But it is. More or less. We simply cannot lose any more ground on teams above us.

Randy

Christie

Dani

Benny

Fabby

Leady

Jonny

Marty

Stewy

Paddy

Brittney

Fancy us to sneak this one. Maybe a spawny 1-0, a rejuvenated Bamford to get the goal.

Must win game. No excuses. Have to build on the decent last performance.

Gah! My most hated phrase strikes again!

But it is. More or less. We simply cannot lose any more ground on teams above us.

No, it's really not. The top 2 is already out of the question for us and losing this game won't mean that the playoffs are impossible. 

If it really is must win, what do we do when don't win this one? Give up? And if we do does it mean the next game is must win too? 

Calling it must win is basically saying that we need to win every single game for the rest of the season, which isn't true. Otherwise we could lose this one and win the rest and this game really wouldn't matter.

Sorry, rant over, that phrase just gets to me!

depends what your individual perspective is,  if top 2 and nothing less is what you demand then from where we are i suppose every game( bar one or two down the line which you might take a draw in ) is must win for you.

personally , yeah id like to go up but seeing the team performing well regularly and enjoying watching us play football thats pleasing on the eye is more paramount to me  . if its in the championship top level im ok with that . 

but regarding the actual game against Millwall ,i would be dissapointed with losing it. if we perform close to or at our best id expect a win .

I would like to see 4-3-3 but I think Monk will (probably sensibly) go with the same team from Ipswich. Would like to see us put a little run together and start climbing the table a bit. The 3 game winning streak earlier in the season seemed to lift the mood somewhat.

Millwall are hard to break down but terrible in possession, need to make sure our Fullbacks are covered sufficiently when they get forward, and we should be trying to force them to come out and play a bit. Patience the key to this game, our better quality players should shine through in the end... (maybe)

Surely must be same team as V Ipswich. Would like to see Baker back on the bench, can offer another creative option should Downing/Braithwaite/Bamford not be delivering. Traore and Johnson are waste of space for me, so I'd like to see Clayton back on the bench also.

Where is everyone drinking before the game?