oneBoro Forum

Boro v Barnsley 3-1 (Ayala,Traore,Bamford)

Tom Bradshaw turns up to the Riverside in the Little Tykes team bus:

WI3dN9N.jpg

Details

Teams – Middlesbrough v Barnsley

Location – The Riverside

Competition – The Championship

Date – Sat 10th March 2018

Kick off – 15:00

Introduction

Boro are playing Barnsley on saturday. That is what this thread is about.

The Last Games

Boro:

Birmingham 0 – 1 Boro

Pulis’ boys kept me in a job on Tuesday night by beating Garry Monk’s freshly inherited Leaky Blinders. Patrick Bamford kept up his scintillating form with another goal and Adama Traore just kept on runnin'.

Barnsley:

Cardiff City 2 - 1 Barnsley

A consolation goal by Oli McBurnie was all the reward Barnsley got for a strong comeback against the welsh team.

Availability/Injury News

Boro:

- Rudy Gestede will be out for the season.

- Grant Leadbitter missed the game against Birmingham after suffering a hamstring problem.

- Traore suffered a slight knock during the Birmingham game, but should be OK for this one.

Barnsley:

- No injuries that I can find

Form (League only - most recent last)

Boro: WLWDWW

Barnsley: LDLWDL

The View From The Other Side

Will be findable here: http://boards.footymad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2442

The Un(ger)-Official Match Preview

With Boro’s form chart starting to look a bit more green, and the tykes only having one win (against Birmingham) in their last 6. We should be aiming to win this one before a tough game against Wolves the following week.

I predict a 2-0 win. Bamford and Traore to score.

My predicted team:

Randolph

Shotton Ayala Gibson Friend

Howson Clayton Besic

Traore Bamford Downing

Talking Points

- Surely Paddy can’t score again… can he?!

- Will Barnsley get relegated this season, or continue to cement their place as the team who has spent more time in the second division of English football more than any other? (cheers wiki)

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Barnsley, proper family club and their fans were great when we visited them earlier in the season (shame about the score.)

That said I hope we win and win well, we weren't firing at all at Oakwell but hopefully we are at home, 2-0 to us I reckon, Bamford with a brace.

If we are clear of injuries, we will see the same 11 on the pitch.

Cranie did good btw and he can play as DM too, so he might be the first to come on again.

Would like at least 20 minutes for Harrison though against a mediocre Barnsley team, which we MUST beat!

When Robson was in charge, the first time we got promoted, I went to Oakwell with my dad and cousin. It rained. The toilets were open topped. Rivers of P155.

I had lived in Barnsley in 1993. I had a soft spot. I still do. I don’t want them to win though.

Bamford to score.

Squeaky 2-1 win, all from set pieces. We really do need to get as many points on the board early doors because the run in looks very tough indeed.

Let's hope Boro-unger is making the Brentford thread this time next week!

Does anyone else remember watching Boro v Barnsley at Ayresome Park, when Barnsley were made to play in our Blue away kit? I guess the kit man must have had other things on his mind when he packed the Barnsley kit basket. I just remember the teams running out and hearing a Barnsley fan shout Blue??? Why the hell are we wearing blue?

Or did I just imagine it?

As far as I'm concerned this is a must win with our upcoming fixtures.

Gonna go 2-0, Paddy to get both and go to 9 in 5.

Am in total agreement with Brunners this has to be a "must win" game though I know it could very well be a difficult and nervy game.

Scoring first as we know seems to be the important key as I am sure that the players are aware of their current form and will endeavour to keep it going. It allows two things the chance of getting more goals as Barnsley will have to be more adventurous and a good mind set from Boro to ensure we get a victory.

Appreciate that Barnsley are in a bad place at the moment and they will fight but with sustained pressure we could have a 3-0 type score line once again.

Massive game for Boro in terms of making progress

I reckon we'll be fine at home. Pulis seems happier for us to go at teams in front of our own fans; I am worried about the tactics at away games potentially seeing us caught out though.

Same team for me, providing Adama is fully fit. I liked the look of Cranie against Birmingham - very calm, very assured. Nothing spectacular, but looked dependable. Wouldn't mind him getting a start over the coming weeks. If Adama isn't fit, we'll struggle for creativity a bit and scrape the victory.

At this stage of the season these games are starting to become must win games. We need to keep up the pressure on Derby ahead of us and make sure we stay ahead of the teams behind us. Three teams are ready to overtake us if we slip up and we can't allow that to happen. Looking at the fixture list there are some tough games for the teams around us although Bristol have Burton away. Could be a massive weekend this if we manage to win. Must win.

Unchanged lineup barring injuries. Don't think Shottons injury at Brum will rule him out and I expect Adama to be ready.

At this stage of the season these games are starting to become must win games. We need to keep up the pressure on Derby ahead of us and make sure we stay ahead of the teams behind us. Three teams are ready to overtake us if we slip up and we can't allow that to happen. Looking at the fixture list there are some tough games for the teams around us although Bristol have Burton away. Could be a massive weekend this if we manage to win. Must win.

Unchanged lineup barring injuries. Don't think Shottons injury at Brum will rule him out and I expect Adama to be ready.

I'm sure we've already lost 3 or 4 "must win" games this season, so our season is over already right?