oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Leeds United (A) 0-0

Is it over? Oh thank f... right, here goes...

AND NOW FOR THE MAIN EVENT!

350x350https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HarmfulWeakDrake-size_restricted.gif[/img]

Boro are off on their travels for the third time this season...

350x350http://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/monty-python-holy-grail-gif-9.gif[/img]

The Clash of the early-season Titans is here this Friday and after last season's affair at Elland Road being all about Garry Monk, the sounds of hissing are now dying out.

350x350https://media.giphy.com/media/k26RcKonYKTvO/giphy.gif[/img]

The table-topping, high intensity, high-scoring Leeds United host the clean sheet kings of Middlesbrough with a defence tighter than a duck's backside, with both sides surely ready to give it their all to go into the international break with the bragging rights.

350x350http://i.hilariousgifs.com/donaldzilla-vs-clinton.gif[/img]

Of course, Tony Pulis knows exactly where the ball needs to go to give Leeds problems. Footage has been released of the players in training this week practicing their most important skill.

350x350https://media.giphy.com/media/484oDO3EVzaQ8/giphy.gif[/img]

All the players are confident going into this game. Both teams have started the season well with what might be considered as not even their best teams. One thing's for sure, whoever snatches the points will be dancing their way into the break.

350x350https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UnpleasantIllinformedCaracal-size_restricted.gif[/img]

The Mighty Middlesbrough FC

----------------Randolph----------------

----------Ayala---Flint---Fry-----------

--Shotton-----Clayton-----Friend--

--------Howson-----Downing--------

------Assombalonga----Hugill------

Managed by Tony Pulis

350x350https://media1.tenor.com/images/2234b5be98021f2d7d64c7f09636e6f7/tenor.gif?itemid=9259793[/img]

Leeds United's Lively Lads

----------------Peacock-Farrell---------------

--Ayling--Jansson--Berardi--Douglas--

--------------------Phillips----------------------

--Hernandez---Saiz---Klich---Alioski---

----------------------Roofe----------------------

Managed by Marcelo Bielsa

350x350https://media1.tenor.com/images/f3945b0c7bbe0a8ad63abfb719225d8f/tenor.gif?itemid=5301735[/img]

Questions:

As usual, predicted and preferred teams & formations?

What's the score going to be?

How important is this game?

Marcelo Bielsa has started life well as a Championship Manager, will it continue long enough to finally take Leeds back to the Premier League?

What's your favourite Boro vs. Leeds game and moment?

Finally, UTFB!

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great job again Wilson,

Same 11 as the last game if Braithwaite is still here, if he goes Besic will come in, in his place.

Going for 1-1 though I'd love another clean sheet.

We should remain top 2 regardless of the result, but putting a marker down before the international break would give everyone a relaxing break

Preston showing us tonight how it's done, let's kick em, and kick em some more!

The fact that he took Ayala and Besic off so early says to me that they will be starting, maybe similar with Hugill. Hugill might be a very good striker to have up against Leeds shaky back line that tries to play it out from the back.

Either way, any point out of this and I'd be ecstatic, never a good place to go Elland road especially when Leeds are in form.

Once again excellent opening post Wilson. Disappointed that you didn't reference Bolasie as requested a couple of games ago but very forgivable haha well done mate. You will have loads of time over the international break to somehow reference him because we are going to Elland Road to stuff the pretenders. Another clean sheet for the Boro in a 2-0 win UTB

Preston showing us tonight how it's done, let's kick em, and kick em some more!

The fact that he took Ayala and Besic off so early says to me that they will be starting, maybe similar with Hugill. Hugill might be a very good striker to have up against Leeds shaky back line that tries to play it out from the back.

Either way, any point out of this and I'd be ecstatic, never a good place to go Elland road especially when Leeds are in form.

Wing wasn’t involved at all last night ..just saying

Nice one Wilson.

I hope we can we refer to our 5-3-2 as 3-3-2-2 as it sounds way more exotic.

---------------- Randolph ----------------

---------- Ayala -- Flint --- Fry -----------

-- Shotton ----- Clayton ----- Friend --

-------- Howson ----- Downing --------

---- Assombalonga -- Hugill* ---------

*Braithwaite to be shipped out on a loan/option to buy before the match.

Think this will be a 1-1 or 2-2 draw, which will be a good result for us.

In the grand scheme of things I believe a draw will be a good result, certainly Leeds will be upset with their first defeat of the season and will want to totally concentrate on getting back to winning ways.

I would class this as a "must not lose" game purely for selfish reasons due to the absurd break coming up, it would be great going into the next game after still in pole position with Leeds.

Expect a very fast paced game from Leeds early part of the game but I really do think we can better them

Plus I would like to see Wilson become a record breaker

In the grand scheme of things I believe a draw will be a good result, certainly Leeds will be upset with their first defeat of the season and will want to totally concentrate on getting back to winning ways.

I would class this as a "must not lose" game purely for selfish reasons due to the absurd break coming up, it would be great going into the next game after still in pole position with Leeds.

Expect a very fast paced game from Leeds early part of the game but I really do think we can better them

Before the West Brom game I was genuinely fearing Leeds, but now I'm slightly more optimistic. I think like DS I'd definitely be happy with a draw and it's very important for us to not lose this one.

Same team. 1-1 with Flint to score first. Can also see Ayala getting sent off in this one for doing something silly after being wound up. Battle.

Before the West Brom game I was genuinely fearing Leeds, but now I'm slightly more optimistic. I think like DS I'd definitely be happy with a draw and it's very important for us to not lose this one.

Same team. 1-1 with Flint to score first. Can also see Ayala getting sent off in this one for doing something silly after being wound up. Battle.

would it matter they don't seem to very good against ten men  :cheese:

Predicted and preferred teams & formations? - Same as WBA

What's the score going to be? - 2-1 to the Boro - Britt and Flint to score

How important is this game? - Its only 3 points but a win would set down a massive marker

Marcelo Bielsa has started life well as a Championship Manager, will it continue long enough to finally take Leeds back to the Premier League? - He will be gone by Christmas when their slide hits!

What's your favourite Boro vs. Leeds game and moment? - Got to be the 4-1 against Wilkinsons champions (Cantona ands all)

Leeds fans REALLY hate Ayala as well, like REALLY. I think IIRC he had a couple incidents last year that soured Leeds fans lol.

Leeds fans REALLY hate Ayala as well, like REALLY. I think IIRC he had a couple incidents last year that soured Leeds fans lol.

He won a penalty, he dragged Luke Ayling to the ground then Ayling grabbed his leg and he went down and won a pen.

I assume Besic will come in to give us extra legs in midfield.  That might be for a central defender rather than a midfielder though.  It probably means nothing but in the two away games so far we played a back four in each of them.  Given the way that Leeds play I wonder what Pulis' priority is going to be?

The importance of the game is no more or less than any other game.  I suppose you could say that a win away from home at a side who have started well could be an enormous lift to everyone but it's still only three points and we're still in August.

Making no predictions on scoreline as I'm really not sure.

I'm not sure they are my favourite moments against Leeds because simply beating them is where the best moments are but there was a game in the Premier League at the Riverside where Ince barged his way through a few players and then kind of scuffed a shot which hit a bobble and went over Nigel Martyn's shoulder to give us an equaliser.  That was funny.  It may have been the same game actually, right at the end we were trailing 2-1 and we won a corner, the ball boy ran to the ball and then ran to put it in the corner arc but just before he put it down he kissed the ball.  Carbone swung it in and Windass powered in a header.  Might have been different games but in my mind it was the same game.  Daft little moments you remember!

I'm not sure they are my favourite moments against Leeds because simply beating them is where the best moments are but there was a game in the Premier League at the Riverside where Ince barged his way through a few players and then kind of scuffed a shot which hit a bobble and went of Nigel Martyn's shoulder to give us an equaliser.  That was funny.  It may have been the same game actually, right at the end we were trailing 2-1 and we won a corner, the ball boy ran to the ball and then ran to put it in the corner arc but just before he put it down he kissed the ball.  Carbone swung it in and Windass powered in a header.  Might have been different games but in my mind it was the same game.  Daft little moments you remember!

Looks like they were both in the same game!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/1806873.stm