oneBoro Forum

Boro V Nottingham Forest 0-2

43093369_2187928841494965_4457768087189454848_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&oh=b11000e61aa5bae7fd1b4ab322135640&oe=5C56C49D

THE CLASH OF THE ANCIENT DINOSAUR PULIZILLA AND THE KARANKA KONG!

It's time for Aitor Karanka to return to The Riverside once again. This time also as manager for a defensive team in red Adidas jerseys.

Boro is back to their winning ways and here a quarter into the season Pulis' team is on the magical 2 point pr. game  average, while Karanka's Nottingham Forest is a hard team to beat too, as they, just as Boro, only have lost 1 league game this season, but they are, as this is written, on the way to their 11th match, this time at home against Millwall. This will give Karanka's men a day less to recover before the clash of the defensive giants this coming Saturday with kick off at 3 pm. 

Boro Form: L W D D

Forest Form: L D W W D

Predicted Boro line up: Randolph, Shotton, Friend, Ayala, Flint, Clayton, Besic, Saville, Braithwaite, Downing, Hugill. 

Injuries and suspensions: Soudani and Goncalves (Forest) - Boro's men are fit for fight and Adam Clayton is back after his suspension. 

Key Talking Points:

Which line up would you choose?

Will this match end 0-0? 

What kind of reception will Karanka get from the Boro fans? 

Will Adam Clayton be back in the anchoring role? 

Can Nottingham Forest come back after going behind? 

Have you ever seen such marvelous photo shopping skills and have you noticed the "Forrest" in Karanka Kong's hand?

Feel free to add questions!

2/10+

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we'll likely see the same line-up, possibly Hugill and Britt swapped around again, I don't think Clayton will come back in for Besic, maybe Saville or Howson but I wouldn't be surprised to see Clayton on the bench.

I think Karanka will get a good reception again.

Finally, sorry for being pedantic ,but can you remove an 'R' from Forrest in the thread name, its the equivalent of people calling us Middlesborough ha.

I think we'll likely see the same line-up, possibly Hugill and Britt swapped around again, I don't think Clayton will come back in for Besic, maybe Saville or Howson but I wouldn't be surprised to see Clayton on the bench.

Finally, sorry for being pedantic ,but can you remove an 'R' from Forrest in the thread name, its the equivalent of people calling us Middlesborough ha.

It's done - I'm a noob :D

It's done - I'm a noob :D

Thanks Dane haha, good thread otherwise.

Great post SmogDane, long may they continue.

Which line up would you choose?

Same, but Clayton in for Saville, maybe give McNair a start

Will this match end 0-0?

Score draw for me, but definitely a draw for these two defensive titans.

Mostly positive, especially if we get the 3 points.

He can't pick up his customary yellow card unless he's in the starting 11 :)

Can Nottingham Forrest come back after going behind?

Not many can when they go behind to us...

Have you ever seen such marvelous photo shopping skills and have you noticed the "Forrest" in Karanka Kong's hand?

I'd rate it slightly higher than when I photoshopped Jordan Rhodes head on a turkey!

I still have nightmares about the 0-0 Pulis vs Karanka match in the prem. Arguably the least entertaining match I've ever seen. 

We now have it again with 2 teams with less quality than the first game. Are we looking at potentially the most boring match in the history of football?

Still look better with wing backs for me, and although not a fan at all Downing has played his way into the starting 11.

Randy

Ayala Flint Fry

Mcnair           Downing

Besic Clayton Howson

Britt Martin

Friend has been godawful, would like to see fry back in and revert to playing how we did with those better performances earlier in the season. Downing always looks better deeper nowadays and Martin always a lot more effective with more of a free role. There's a argument for changes in the midfield 3 but I don't think there's a great deal between any combo of about 6/7 players.

Randy

Mcnair Ayala Flint McQueen

Clayton

Howson Saville

Downing Martin

Britt

Will this match end 0-0?

Think we will win 1-0. Flint set piece

Should get a decent reception

Yes. Ideally his job should give the players in front of him more freedom, but is Pulis willing to grant that freedom.

Aitor never can

We've seen quite a few very good one on here.

Hugill should not start this game.

I've been really underwhelmed with him. I wasn't expecting some technical target man like Viduka but i thought there would be more to his game than hitting the deck every time he is near the ball. He has also hasnt hit the target on a few easy chances (the header and the break away against Ipswich the most recent examples).

Britt just looks so much more threatening and seems to have more of an understanding with Braithwaite too. There were times where Hugill and Braithwaite were getting in each other's way.

Also, i think Clayton should come back into the squad for this. He has been simply too good this season so far not to play him. Saying that i don't know who he should replace.

My Forest mate was telling me how much Forest struggled with high balls with Millwall last night. He is fearing the worst on Saturday based on this alone.

I'm giving Hugill 10 starts before I make any real judgments on him, can be tough coming into a new team after not playing much football, especially when its your childhood team and you're desperate to impress...

Same as Ipswich, 50/50 on Hugill or Britt. Hugill leads the line better but never looks like scoring. Britt awful at leading the line but much more threatening..

Will this match end 0-0?

2-0 Boro

Good

I hope not. Limited footballing ability, overrated by fans and generally slow in everything he does.

No

I'm giving Hugill 10 starts before I make any real judgments on him, can be tough coming into a new team after not playing much football, especially when its your childhood team and you're desperate to impress...

Yeah i get that but it's not like we don't have other options available to us.

Same as Ipswich, 50/50 on Hugill or Britt. Hugill leads the line better but never looks like scoring. Britt awful at leading the line but much more threatening..

Will this match end 0-0?

2-0 Boro

Good

I hope not. Limited footballing ability, overrated by fans and generally slow in everything he does.

No

Did Adam Clayton kill your dog, buddy?

Tbf to Mendieta, he does slow us down Brunners, I agree with everybody that he has been very good this season, his reading of the play and defensive positioning has been spot on.

On the ball though, he takes 1 or 2 touches too many far often than not, he seldom loses the ball but he also seldom plays a quick pass around the corner or into the pockets behind midfield, or even driving into space himself. I can see the benefits of having Saville and Besic alternating the deeper role throughout a game and letting the other one roam. I personally don't think Clayts will come back in.

what line up i'd like to see:-

MCNAIR AYALA FLINT FRIEND

----------BESIC SAVILLE

DOWNING--------------BRAITHWAITE

------------HUGILL BRITT

WITH TAV AND WING ON THE BENCH.

What i think we will see:-

shotton ayala flint friend

-----------clayton

----besic saville howson

braithwaite

------------hugill/britt