oneBoro Forum

Boro Vs Derby County 1-1 (Bogle OG)

BORO VS DERBY COUNTY

[align=center]The Riverside Stadium

(Kick off - 12:30)[/align]

Boro%20copy_zpsyve91pxi.jpg

After a night of frustration, deflation and missed opportunities against Rotherham. Boro remain in the pack, clumped at the top of the championship, mere goal difference separating the top three sides. The words goal difference are far more terrifying than anything that the new Halloween movie has to offer as Boro's strike force continue to fire blanks at home in the most creative of ways. One can only have sympathy for Tony Pulis' water bottles as he pulverised their poor plastic forms in frustration at the lack of cutting edge in his side.

In contrast, cheeky chappy Frank Lampard's Derby Country are enjoying the start of some impressive form with 2 wins on the bounce and 6 goals scored. One can only be slightly jealous of the convincing way in which they dispatched West Brom in a thrilling 4-1 victory on Wednesday night (I hope you're taking notes lads - strike ball and put between the two posts, while avoiding that large fella dressed in bright colours).

Form for the last 6 games

Boro: - D ( H 0-0), W (A 1-2), L (H 0-2), W (A 0-2), D (A 1-1), W (A 2-2, penalty win)

Derby: - W (A 1-4), W (H 2-1), D (A 1-1), D (H 1-1), L (A 1-0), W (A 2-2,  penalty win)

Boro vs Derby has produced some cracking matches over the years so its no surprise that the powers that be have selected this game for TV showing. But the question that most Boro fans want to know is which Middlesbrough FC is going to turn up? Your guess is as good as mine but the stats against the top 6 sides have been fairly decent this season. 

As for the lineup, I'm assuming Shotton is out, otherwise he replaces McNair.

lineup%20copy_zpslvtl7bba.jpg

Predictions, preambles, positivity and pessimism all welcome. Bring on Sat lunchtime, lets forget the frustrations from Tuesday night and get those 3 points.

Personal prediction? 2-1 Boro.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Good OP, RR. Photo shop de lux :D

It would be typical Boro, to come out of this game with 3 points after last rounds "failure".

I think we will see Saville instead of Howson for this match.

UTB

Derby seem to be coming in to good form. Having said that, reading the reports it sounded like their 4-1 win over WBA was one of those freak games where "if it could go wrong it did go wrong" for WBA.

Fingers crossed that playing a better side brings something more from our players.

We should really be sitting on 28 points right now. I don't think we'll pass that on Saturday though. I think it might be a draw.

According to reports Derby outclassed the Baggies and but for the West Brom keeper could have had 7 so they'll be full of confidence.

I think this is a tough game, Lampard has some good young players in his side in Lawrence, Wilson and Mount and I think Lampard will set his side out to go at us from the start, I'm hoping we are capable of coping with them. We need to put in a far better performance than we have the last 2 games or we lose this in the same manner as we did against Forest.

I've heard it mentioned a few times that we'll be better against a side who come here with more attacking intentions. The thing that worries me is we don't really have any pace on the break, or in the team for that matter. If Derby press us high up the pitch and play with a high tempo I'm not really sure how we'll cope with it, I don't really see us as being a team who are built for counter-attacking like some people do.

I've heard it mentioned a few times that we'll be better against a side who come here with more attacking intentions. The thing that worries me is we don't really have any pace on the break, or in the team for that matter. If Derby press us high up the pitch and play with a high tempo I'm not really sure how we'll cope with it, I don't really see us as being a team who are built for counter-attacking like some people do.

Britt disagrees ;)

Liked that goal v Bolton :blush:

Very difficult match to predict, could go either way. However, if we turn up we'll win and give everyone something to think about.  

The bookies are giving nothing away with Boro being strong favourites at just a shade over even money. They were 2.15 yesterday with Ladbrokes and this has hardened slightly today to 2.10.

I'm just hoping that with them already having 2 tough top of the table clashes this week and a day less to recover that we catch them cold. We've kept West Brom and Leeds quiet who are both more prolific, and for god sake we need to get a goal on the board...

Should we be comforted in that TP sees this as a must not lose game?

Got to expect a goalless draw then.

What we will have to question is if we put on a much better performance against Derby then why not against Rotherham.

Hoping for a typical Boro game one that comes good when not really expected

it hurts to be erring on the pessimistic side but unless we score first and i feel we need to do so before half time,  we wont  win this.

Derby,s  defence  to a man  has a mistake in them (howler in two or three of them. you know who im talikng about )  but other that that particular  area they are performing far far bettter than us at this time .   cant see this ending goalless  so grabbing a lead  is  vital to us  ,then being savvy .

I think we'll do well to keep them out but if any team can do that, it's us.

But we also have to have our A-game with us in pressing their back-line. Frank won't come to earn a point, certainly not looking at our home form, he'll see this as an opportunity to get 3. There is indeed a mistake in one or two of them but like at Wednesday, we have to take advantage of that.