oneBoro Forum

How many points before New Year?

So we have 5 league games left before the window opens! This is my take on what we should expect. What do YOU think... How many points can we gain out of 15 possible?

Blackburn H - Blackburn can hurt us, if they learn from looking at how Villa did. I think a Draw is likely.

QPR A - Another draw this one - We are good at drawing and this one looks like another v Mc'larens men. 

Reading A - Nothing works for Reading this season and we should nick a victory.

Sheffield W. H - This one is a must win, nothing less. 

Ipswich H - This is an even bigger must win game. Ipswich are terrible this season. 

So not the toughest 5 games during the x-mas month, where I expect us to gain 11 points.

So we have 5 league games left before the window opens! This is my take on what we should expect. What do YOU think... How many points can we gain out of 15 possible?

Blackburn H - Blackburn can hurt us, if they learn from looking at how Villa did. I think a Draw is likely.

QPR A - Another draw this one - We are good at drawing and this one looks like another v Mc'larens men. 

Reading A - Nothing works for Reading this season and we should nick a victory.

Sheffield W. H - This one is a must win, nothing less. 

Ipswich H - This is an even bigger must win game. Ipswich are terrible this season. 

So not the toughest 5 games during the x-mas month, where I expect us to gain 11 points.

I'm going to be optimistic and say 11 points as well = 3 home wins and 2 away draws

All very winnable games and should be looking at 13+ points. Although I think we will probably get 10-11 Which I think will be the minimum required if we still think automatic promotion is realistic. Hopefully the thrashing by Villa is a kick up the backside for us rather than a reality check. If only we could start these games the same way we did against Sheffield United.

I'd also say 13 points is what we should be looking at. QPR away is the game where I think a draw is likely, Blackburn aren't the same team away from home and the other teams are quite frankly *** poor. This little chunk of games is massive, teams around us have much harder games than us so now is the time to kick on and get some momentum back going into new year.

gonna say 9 from those  and dont know whether thats being realistic ,pessimistic or optimistic . really dont know where we are at the moment as my last inkling of a hope of autos went on saturday  and that was that at the very least were diffucult to beat if nothing else. 

i can see a 0-0 against blackburn, score draws against reading and qpr, then hopefully two wins in the last two.  but in truth any result could happen in any of those first three especially. We seem to be in limbo on so many points of action at this precise time .

also got a strong feeling Sheff Wed will have a new manager by the time we play them so that apparent easy game gets that little bit less so.

If we get 13 points from 5 games I'll eat everyones hat! Id say 11 is the max well be looking at but my guess is 9.

Baseball cap, Bowler, Sixpence or beanie preferred? (Just in case) :D

If we get 13 points from 5 games I'll eat everyones hat! Id say 11 is the max well be looking at but my guess is 9.

Baseball cap, Bowler, Sixpence or beanie preferred? (Just in case) :D

Well in honour of Pulis it has to be a baseball cap.

Actually, thinking about it, if Pulis wore different head gear to each game I may begin to warm to him. One week it could be a top hat, next week a turban, following game a stetson. Just think of the possibilities! Over the festive period he would wear a Santa hat of course, halloween maybe would see him in a full outfit, Easter would be bunny ears. When he's getting lots of stick from the crowd (when doesn't he?) he could get into the spirit of things and wear a crash helmet.

Actually, thinking about it, if Pulis wore different head gear to each game I may begin to warm to him.  One week it could be a top hat, next week a turban, following game a stetson.  Just think of the possibilities!  Over the festive period he would wear a Santa hat of course, halloween maybe would see him in a full outfit, Easter would be bunny ears.  When he's getting lots of stick from the crowd (when doesn't he?) he could get into the spirit of things and wear a crash helmet.

What about TROLL ears?

Actually, thinking about it, if Pulis wore different head gear to each game I may begin to warm to him.  One week it could be a top hat, next week a turban, following game a stetson.  Just think of the possibilities!  Over the festive period he would wear a Santa hat of course, halloween maybe would see him in a full outfit, Easter would be bunny ears.  When he's getting lots of stick from the crowd (when doesn't he?) he could get into the spirit of things and wear a crash helmet.

What about TROLL ears?

Gestede?  What about him?  :cool: