oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Blackburn Rovers 1-1 (Assombolonga)

Tone up that Tummy today!

Saturday 3PM brings us a Lancashire vs Yorkshire clash of the Tony’s as we host Mowbray’s ‘rovers return’ to the riverside. Fresh off November’s “Black Friday” deals and last weekend’s “Humiliation Saturday” we’re here to offer you money off the exclusive Tummy Tone!

450x400https://i.imgur.com/Rc0ozeG.jpg[/img]

This really is the perfect Christmas gift to trim that fat and build a sleek, battling, promotion-winning machine. Our patented Boro blend of intense sobbing mixed with bouts of laughter are sure to have you clenching those abs for hours on end. Our very own Tone-y Pulis has assured us that 90 minutes of viewing is as grueling as a day running up and down the mountains of Austria. Each of our intensive training sessions is available for the low low price of £30 for adults and £17 for concessions.

Disclaimer: Please consult a doctor immediately if our sessions cause you to experience goals or delirious happiness.

Preview

We go into this match 4th place and 5 points behind first place and 5 points behind where we were in Karanka's 15/16 promotion season. We have a deep squad so we should have an advantage towards the back end of the season, but we need to start putting points on the board as soon as possible.

Rovers started off the season well, but form has stuttered as of late with 1 win in 4 including damaging defeats to Lancashire rivals Preston and Wigan - 4-1 and 3-1 respectively - however they currently sit at a very respectable 10th place.

Although they're no pushovers, these types of home games are where we simply must pick up maximum points if we want automatic promotion.

This Fixture Last Time Out

The last time we welcomed Blackburn to the Riverside was in 2016 in promotion season where the game finished 1-1. Our aims of top 2 promotion are very much the same this year.

Injury Concerns

Dael Fry looked to be concussed against Villa after coming off so may be touch and go, Gestede and McQueen look to be out whereas Shotton was “close to returning” last week.

View From The Opposition

No threads open so far on https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/forum/4-football-messageboard/

Questions

Who would you play and where?

Score Predictions for this one?

Will we ever score a set piece goal again?

Can we pick up a Winger in the January sales?

Who was our best Mowbray signing?

Is Shotton the best right back in the league?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd play 352

Randolph

Fry Flint Batth

Shotton Tavinier Clayton Wing Friend

Braithwaite Assombalonga

But Pulis will play 451

Randolph

Shotton Flint Batth Friend

Downing Howson Clayton Besic Tavinier

Hugill

I think we'll win 1-0 but it'll be a dire game with Blackburn spending the last 15 minutes in our half and going close on numerous occasions.

Randolph

Shotton/Fry - Ayala/Fry - Batth - Friend

------------------------ Clayton -------------------

-------------- Besic -------------- Downing------

Tavernier ---------- Hugill -------- Braithwaite

3-1 victory as the optimistic hope still reigns on the Danish west coast ;)

Tav, Hugill, Hugill (Graham for Rovers)

I think its time Ayala was back in the team, hes the only 1 likely to score from a set piece.

Agreed. I can't be the only one who thinks ayala is a far better player than flint?

The days he is Jekyll he is way better, but on his Hyde days he is a ticking bomb, waiting to be sent off.

Glad we have both of then though. It is a long tough season ;)

There has to be an upturn in performance levels because Blackburn are no mugs, indeed if we lose or draw this one we will be out of the top 6 and the points from top 2 spots a six to eight point difference.

Don't know what to expect from this one. Could be a very tough and frustrating game, so I'm not convinced we will get the three points. If we put on another lacklustre and slow performance the crowd could get on the players and Pulis' back quickly making it an anxious affair. Let's be a bit more inventive this game

Randolph

Fry-Ayala-Flint-Friend

Downing-Besic-Howson

Tav---Britt---Braithwaite

Don't know what to expect from this one. Could be a very tough and frustrating game, so I'm not convinced we will get the three points. If we put on another lacklustre and slow performance the crowd could get on the players and Pulis' back quickly making it an anxious affair. Let's be a bit more inventive this game

Randolph 

Fry-Ayala-Flint-Friend

Downing-Besic-Howson

Tav---Britt---Braithwaite

agree with the synopsis BD ......maybe not the team .  Your compatriot SmogDane  mentioned the phrase TimeBomb  in his post and the feeling i get is that theres a few of those waiting to detonate  within the club  and the supporters ,  if we slip further away from the autos   its gonna blow .

Shotton is fit and has to be back in for me. Enough of people saying Fry has done well, he hasn't, he looks like a big centre half 'doing a job' and was completely ripped apart by Bolasie - his first good game for Villa by all accounts.

Shotton is fit and has to be back in for me. Enough of people saying Fry has done well, he hasn't, he looks like a big centre half 'doing a job' and was completely ripped apart by Bolasie - his first good game for Villa by all accounts.

He has done well though...

And Shotton isn't a big centre half 'doing a job'....?

And Shotton isn't a big centre half 'doing a job'....?

He's the best Right Back in the division :cowboy: