oneBoro Forum

Boro v Reading (A) 1-0 (Friend)

Reading v Middlesbrough

Saturday 22nd December

3pm

Madejski Stadium

Hi all!

Firstly, I'd like to apologise about the timing of this. I've been away the last few days and it's all a bit hectic at home too at the minute, trying to get the new pad ready and with Xmas just around the corner!

Secondly, I'm feeling a bit flat at the minute regarding the Boro. Pulis is killing any sort of joy I get following the club at the minute.

And lastly, I'm writing this all on mobile so apologies about it not having all the pizzazz and flashing lights my MDTs usually have. I will try and get round to formatting it once I have finished writing it up!

The Form:

Boro can drop out of the playoffs with any result barring a win, and given our current form I don't even trust us to beat a Reading team who have drawn 4 and lost 2 of their last 6 games.

A lacklustre showing in the cup against Burton on Tuesday has done nothing to lift spirits at the Riverside, with Tony Pulis' 'Defend Now, Attack Never" strategy wearing thin with the majority of supporters.

The Line Up:

Downing,

Downing Downing Downing Downing,

Downing Downing Downing,

Downing Downing Downing

Don't worry, I haven't had a stroke, just listing Pulis's ideal line-up.

The Welshman is completely bereft of ideas, so dont expect any shocks or anything different to what we have been getting recently.

Randolph

Fry Flint Batth Friend

Clayton Saville Basic

Downing Hugill Assombalonga

View from the other side:

Once I find a link I will update this (when I'm not on my phone)

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually looking forward to this game as I don't have to go and watch it :cool:

You've got to fancy our chances in this one.  Whatever our situation we're nowhere near the situation Reading are in.  We might not batter them but I reckon 1-0 or 2-1 win is on the cards.  Hopefully they channel some of the frustration from the other night and wallop them of course.

Will be interesting to see how we come out and perform. To be honest anything other than a convincing performance, and I’ll continue to be underwhelmed. Like CT said, Reading are pretty dire, and we should be coming out and having a go at them. I only hope Pulis is saying the same thing.

With Britt being heavily linked with a move away in Jan, I think we’ll continue to see Hugill up front alone. Joy.

I'm actually looking forward to this game as I don't have to go and watch it :cool:

I was just thinking I'm glad this match is away. I get to enjoy my weekend.

I had been hoping that the burton game might be a catalyst to get our season going again. That didn't go too well!

Think we will win by a couple. Typical Pulis ball, create few chances but take advantage of some sloppy defending by a team with worse confidence than us. However, their caretaker manager should be expecting a few errors from us too, and it’s probably a game they feel they can make a statement at.

Dreading this one, can't lie. My mates and Reading supporting half of the family will be in the opposite stand for what is probably the best time to play us this season. Some of our players are just going through the motions right now, and several are clearly unhappy. If I hadn't already sorted tickets for my old man and uncle then I would consider slyly giving this trip a miss...

Reading actually haven't had much trouble scoring at home this season, it's the constant leaking of goals that has been their problem. Plenty of 2-2s and 2-3 kind of results. Which makes us the ideal opposition as we usually find it hard to enough to get 1! Teams know if they hit us with an early goal its over - nobody fears us, and why should they.

Beyond caring to speculate about what the line-up will be, it'll be shackled by the same guff tactics as always.

I think the line up is going to be

Rands

Shotton, George, Ayala, Flint

Saville, Clayton, Howson

Downing, Hugill, Tav

He did say there was some knocks. Personally, I'd play Britt just because we look much more threatening going forward. I never expect Hugill to score even when he's 1 on 1.

I am gonna go for a positive 1-0 outcome with reading scoring an own goal, with Clayton in that midfield and usual back 4 i dont think they'll score. They are dreadful at the back so i can see us dominating the ball and them making an horrible error at the back which either gifts us a goal or is an own goal.

This game if we win but are unconvincing changes nothing for me in the way i feel about the team or Pulis atm.

8-0 boro. Pulis visited by the three ghosts of Christmas sees the error in his miserly ways and starts a 3-4-3 with Britt, braithwaite and wing up top. Britt nabs a first half brace before Fry scores a worldie overhead kick from a corner. Braithwaite scores a hat trick either side of half time and prostrates himself before the fans begging for forgiveness and a ten year contact. Finally Pulis goes for the kill, substituting all defenders for strikers from the youth team and Tav rounds the keeper scoring a goal so good that it counts twice! Then all the fans start singing carols and head into town for a pint...

8-0 boro. Pulis visited by the three ghosts of Christmas sees the error in his miserly ways and starts a 3-4-3 with Britt, braithwaite and wing up top. Britt nabs a first half brace before Fry scores a worldie overhead kick from a corner. Braithwaite scores a hat trick either side of half time and prostrates himself before the fans begging for forgiveness and a ten year contact. Finally Pulis goes for the kill, substituting all defenders for strikers from the youth team and Tav rounds the keeper scoring a goal so good that it counts twice! Then all the fans start singing carols and head into town for a pint...

If this doesn't happen, I'm lobbing a cabbage at Pulis