oneBoro Forum

Boxing thread

Time for a generic boxing thread on here! 

Anyone see the gash on Badou Jack's forhead on Sunday morning? You could have drove a Fiat 500 through it. Claret well and truly everywhere. 

We had the opposite ends of refereeing over the weekend, the stoppage in the 12th between Andrade and Akavov was utterly bizarre, and the ref allowing Jack to continue against Browne with that cut  :omg: 

I know he did stop the fight and ask the doctor for his opinion but that might have been the worse cut i've ever seen in a fight. 

Other than that Pacquiao completely outclassed Broner, possibly setting up a rematch with Mayweather (if his gambling addiction means he's a bit skint again)

It was brutal that cut on Jack one of the worst I have seen.

I did love how deluded Broner was after his defeat. I will always be disappointed Pacquiao and Mayweather didn't happen years before it did. I would probably watch a 2nd fight between the 2 I think it would be a bit more interesting than the first fight albeit probably because of their ages.

Broner was a typical yank, believing his own hype. That's why he's been a let down in the 147 division.

Pacquiao is not the man he was, I'd love to see him in with Thurman or Spence Jr, a real test. He keeps fighting on the fringes of the elite.

What does everyone make of the Eubank v DeGale fight? This should have been on ITV at 10pm on a Saturday night not PPV. I think Eubank will win @ UD. Hopefully it will have some kind of under card.....

It should be a good fight I think Degale it's a must win given his age. Eubank could still be a good fighter. I think he could have beaten Billy Joe Saunders if he started how he finished it and Groves clearly he seemed to throw his game plan out of the window and got thrashed.

Another thing that has disappointed me is Khan refusing to fight Brook. Clearly Khan will do everything to avoid that fight it's a fight I can't see happening now.

On Khan - you've got to give him some credit. Crawford is a beast, three weight world champion and current WBO welterweight champ.

He could have taken the Brook fight but I think that'll still be there in October / November.

If DeGale wins he could set up another all British world title fight with Callum Smith, a defeat for either man surely ends any hope they have of fighting at the elite level again.