oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Leeds 1-1 (Wing)

Middlesbrough vs Leeds (H)

475x350https://i.imgur.com/qNS4IAP.jpg[/img]

Saturday 1PM brings us a tasty top 6 clash as Middlesbrough battle Marcelo Bielsa’s Leeds United. Can Bielsa ball get the better of Dr. No (goals) and his band of Boro giants? Do we have to hope it’s not muddy so that our players don’t get scared? Who was that mysterious man hanging around Rockcliffe park? All questions that will be answered at the Riverside.

Leeds are in a rough patch of form having lost 3-1 to Norwich last weekend, whereas Boro have just suffered a humiliating defeat at the hands of league 2 Newport, a win in this fixture would put us 4 points behind Leeds and their automatic promotion spot with a game in hand.

This fixture last time out

The last time we welcomed Leeds to the Riverside, Patrick Bamford scored a hattrick as we strolled to a 3-0 win, we’ll be hoping that Bamford doesn’t repeat his antics. We are a few places up the table compared to where we were in that fixture last year, whereas Leeds now sit in the automatics.

View from the Opposition

Thread is up http://www.motforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=37101

Questions

Will Van La Parra start this game?

Will Pulis put out the same XI as the West Brom game?

Who would you play and where?

Score Predictions for this one?

Will we ever win a game that Shotton hasn’t started?

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Less than ideal preparations ahead of the Leeds game with the Boro squad not getting back to the training ground until around 7am yesterday after the planned flight back from Cardiff was cancelled.

Most of yesterday was probably lost as a result the squad were due originally due back just after midnight

I'm fearful for this.

Less than ideal preparations with the delayed return.

Also, I imagine that if we give Leeds the space and freedom first 15/20 minutes along with a goal, the atmosphere could turn very nasty very quickly, maybe this wouldn't be the case after Saturday, but then Newport happened so i think we are back to square one.

Literally all to play for one of those games that we can do ourselves a real shot in the arm by winning and especially with a game in hand, but we never seem to be able to do that do we?

First goal will be crucial in the game, if we score first then I believe it will have some baring on Leeds, they score first and then goodness knows because we simply do not come back and win a game at all! What a terrible record that is this season and just why does it not happen?

In saying that a 0-0 score line is on the cards but Leeds will get after us straight away.

Will be very interesting just what attitude our players show and if they are really up to a fight but in some ways I wish this was an away game due to the appalling home record of late.

Can we do ourselves a favour I wonder?

Literally all to play for one of those games that we can do ourselves a real shot in the arm by winning and especially with a game in hand, but we never seem to be able to do that do we?

First goal will be crucial in the game, if we score first then I believe it will have some baring on Leeds, they score first and then goodness knows because we simply do not come back and win a game at all! What a terrible record that is this season and just why does it not happen?

In saying that a 0-0 score line is on the cards but Leeds will get after us straight away.

Will be very interesting just what attitude our players show and if they are really up to a fight but in some ways I wish this was an away game due to the appalling home record of late.

Can we do ourselves a favour I wonder?

you mean coming from 0-1 do you? because we just turned a 1-2 to a 3-2.....

I have ZERO confidence for this game, I expect us to be out played, out fought and ultimately beaten 0-2.

Boo'd off at the end and there will be hell on in town.

I am confident, we are decent against the good teams

Except Norwich our record against top 8 is good

Good OP Foogle. I'm really hoping for two things on this (1) No delay to my flight as I'm due to land in Newcastle at 11am so it will be tight anyway. Thanks to the local bobbies for bringing the game forward 2 hours and of course (2) A good home win for a change which will really keep us in the mix.

If our players genuinely give their all, compete, demonstrate passion and a will to win, I can honestly say that I'll be disappointed with a loss but I'll live with it.

If they disappoint with a lack of positive traits I'll be in a mood all day, unless they're crap and still scrape a win :D

I'm going for a nervy and edgy 2-1 :D

Fans will accept a defensive set up if the players are clearly pressing hard and working their nuts off. Then when we do get the ball if there's at least some semblance of a game plan to hurt Leeds on the counter... even if it doesn't work people will be happier.

My worry about this one is if we go 1 down then everybody's head drops... players and the fans. Leeds will know this and I expect them to try and blow us away early and not be overly concerned about us countering them.

There simply has to be an outball for Boro...whether that's Tav or VLP I don't really care. Norwich had joy by running at them.

Line up with 5 slow centre mids behind Hugill and I doubt I'll even watch it, it's ending one way.

I'm expecting something similar to the Villa home game where we lost 0-3.

We'll sit back and defend on the edge of our box and allow them to flood men forward, we've got no pace in the team to counter attack so we'll struggle to get out of our half.

Saturday could be a real turning point for the season, win and people will start to look at the top 2, if we lose I think the fans could turn on the manager and team. Sadly I think the latter is more likely based on our recent home form.