oneBoro Forum

Boro Vs Preston 1-2 (Fletcher)

I have been racking my brains trying to come to terms with, what is quite frankly, the worst substitution in history. I have tried really hard to let it go but it's Sunday night and I'm still furious so I'm going to take 5 seconds to tell Pulis how I really feel.

anigif_enhanced-32205-1409251532-30.gif

So with that cleared up, on to Wednesday!

One would hope that the boss had learned his lesson and go back to the system that has actually been working for us. The likelihood, however, is his need to shoehorn in a George Friend for the player he used to be, rather than the player he is now. Britt is likely to be dropped for daring to be a fan favourite and being annoyed at being subbed. I have no idea what the team will be but I'm going to hazard a guess that it's going to be defensive and full of man mountains. 

Preston managed to keep their 1-0 lead intact, so congrats to them for knowing how to football. You'll find us a team with zero aspirations, kind of like that pokemon who only knows how to defend and doesn't even do that well.

As you can tell, I'm pretty fed up at the moment but I'll be there on Wed to cheer to boys on and then cry into my new West Stand scarf on the way home. (incidentally the new scarf makers get the thumbs up its lovely and thick, very toasty). 

UTB

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not gonna bother on Wednesday, I get no enjoyment out of the games anymore so my seat will be empty.

I'm not even that bothered about the result to be honest.

Good on you RR. Good OP. I will be hoping for a win on Wednesday as always. Can’t understand how any Boro fan would want us to lose......

Good OP RR. Hope for a win and that you enjoy the game.

Really not overly bothered. Haven't been for a while. I'll be watching for the score and no doubt be on here to moan about the clowns decisions.

Like many others, my seat will be empty, as it has been all season. Renewed last season as I didn't want to give it up for the future years. However, will be interesting to see the size of the crowd and their commitment given the price rises for next year, and the distinct lack of commitment from the club. I don't think I'll be renewing.

Guessing it will be a cold Tuesday night at ayresome park crowd, but without the atmosphere.

We can’t get automatic promotion it’s not in our hands or ability and only a play off if we can pick up some decent points. I have lost interest not because of the above but the dire football we play. We had a lucky start to the season and nothing since and I won’t be bothering to tune in because it’s just not worth the effort to suffer the frustration it brings. I can almost see the grim reaper hovering over the club, fact he may trot out for the next match.

We will get a play-off spot but mainly because the likes of Bristol/Derby are even worse than us

West Brom have always been my biggest fear and if they get some momentun from a new manager will be the team to beat in those play-offs

As for this game then I think it's obvious Pulis has lost any small amount of positivity that had built up around the team with that substitution.

Heart says 2-1 win but head says Draw 1-1

I play football on wednesday and usually leave early to get home in time for kickoff, but this time I won't be rushing home. Will just play football and go home when everyone else does. Might be ready for the second half. If I hadn't already paid for the Riverside Live I wouldn't be watching. If the Orc is still here next season I won't be renewing. Most frustrating 150 pounds I've spent in years. Can only imagine what a ST card holder feels like.

If I said I wasn't interested, I'd be lying. I'm so so fed up at the moment, the genuine shock from the crowd at that sub was palatable.

What was the reaction like at full time? I'm guessing pretty bad? I'd switched off by then.

Would love to hear Gibson's thoughts... he's either stuck with Pulis until the season ends and he knows it, or simply doesn't care anymore.

If I said I wasn't interested, I'd be lying. I'm so so fed up at the moment, the genuine shock from the crowd at that sub was palatable.

What was the reaction like at full time? I'm guessing pretty bad? I'd switched off by then.

Would love to hear Gibson's thoughts... he's either stuck with Pulis until the season ends and he knows it, or simply doesn't care anymore.

Booing, quite heavy booing. People were really unhappy. Britt's name was being sung for the remainder of the match from him being subbed. It was quite hostile, honestly.

Booing, quite heavy booing. People were really unhappy. Britt's name was being sung for the remainder of the match from him being subbed. It was quite hostile, honestly.

Makes sense... it's pretty damning when a whole stadium of fans can tell straight away the manager has put the team in trouble. 100% transmitted to both sets of players too.

Hopefully we'll go back to one up front now. We can't expect to match teams like Brentford if we have more than one attacking player on the pitch. It's suicide with such a lightweight inexperienced midfield.