Boro v Aston Villa (a) 0-3

BeardySmog Matchday Solutions

Presents

Aston Villa vs Middlesbrough

Kick Off - 3pm

Villa Park

16th March 2019

Intro

A thread that I didn't want to do and that none of you want to read about a team that we are really struggling to get behind. Fantastic. 

Last Game

Boro 1-2 Preston

Threw away ANOTHER one goal lead. Remember the times when we went in front and didn't lose? Distant memory. 

Forest 1-3 Villa

Oh great, not only did they win away at a decent team they scored THREE goals. 

Oh.. He used to play for us. 

Oh Albert Adomah. A creative winger. Sigh. 

Beard Watch

Mile Jedinak probably has the best beard in the championship. Probably score a hat trick against us regardless of being suspended/injured/out-of-favour/lame (I haven't checked) 

The tip of the Beard

Just stick your money on us to be leading at half time and losing at full time. Doesn't matter what the odds are it's like buying money. 

View from the other side.

Probably really smug. 

Pre Match Questions

Will Pulis be gone by the weekend? 

What is your starting XI? 

Which minute will we blow our early lead? 

If you could hypothetically run on the pitch and symbolically punch any player in the back of their hypothetical head who would it be? (not allowed to be Pulis). 

Prediction

Fletcher to score from a shot that ricocheted off of the corner flag. Then conceed 3 goals in the second half after Flint gets sent off for farting.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

We’re gonna lose this most likely as Villa are hitting form for the playoffs just as the right time, just as we’re losing all momentum.

If we do lose that’s 3 losses in a row. Relegation form.

Third trip to the second city for me and my lad along with Trekkers and the old saying two out of three aint bad comes to mind!

The Grealish factor is back a***st Villa and I fear they will repeat the demolition that they did on us at The Riverside.

Still stranger things have happened but 3 in a row does seem to be the favourite.

Now will we ever win a game where the opposition have scored first I wonder

We're gonna get ***ed, simple as.

I would hypothetically punch Ayala in the back of his stupid head, then I'd turn him round and punch him in his stupid ***ing face too, for good measure.

But I can't, because the *** has gotten himself SUSPENDED.

Anything less than a loss by two clear goals will be a good result here. Haven't written that and genuinely meant it since we played Liverpool in the Premier League.

This season has been over for me for a while so last night didn't even hurt, didn't watch and it was expected. I just hope there isn't too much damage done before somebody new takes over in the Summer. Lessons to be learned from clubs like Sunderland about what a toxic environment and lack of confidence can do.

Honestly only a fool would back the BORO. I can’t even pull myself around state a cheeky win it’s just not going to happen. I fear a route coming up because we simply cannot create a threat. We are like a toothless bulldog chewing a wasp so settle in we are in the championship for quite a while into the future.

Beard Watch

Mile Jedinak probably has the best beard in the championship. Probably score a hat trick against us regardless of being suspended/injured/out-of-favour/lame (I haven't checked)

I hopefully have the most impressive beard of the Boro faithful going to Villa!!!!!!

It just coincides that now Villa have the best midfielder in he league back, captain Jack they have hit form again. Villa will see this as an opportunity to be breathing down our necks, they were too good for us at the Riverside and I'll be surprised if they're not too good for us at Villa park, I'm going 3-0 Villa and hoping they don't do the same demolition job they did against derby.

If we sack Pulis we have to pay he's contract, quite simply force his hand, call him into the boardroom and just let him know that you have zero confidence in him being manager of this football club you won't be sacking him, but you also won't be backing him and are not prepared to discuss anything football related with him. In other words take the ***ing hint your not wanted here.